Enjoy an unforgettable culinary adventure to Morocco with culinary expert, food writer and cookery book author Nellie Kerrison. Nellie is the founder of Melbourne’s premiere cookery school Relish Mama.
To better understand this wonderful land of contrasts, journey from the world’s greatest spice markets in Marrakech up into the verdant pastures of the Atlas Mountains. Sleep under the stars in the stone desert serenaded by Berber tribesmen. Breathe in the salty smoke scented air of fish grilling in Essaouira’s market and try oysters on the golden sands of the Oualidia lagoon before hanging out in a gin joint amid the Art Deco splendour of Casablanca. The renowned beauty of these ever changing Moroccan landscapes provides the extraordinary backdrop against which Nellie will lead three unforgettable cookery classes.
Take part in three fun and varied cooking classes with Nellie, joined by Arab and Berber culinary experts, chosen for their passion and personalities. Nellie will lead each class with her own dishes that best fuse Moroccan and western taste, paired with classes in spice by Rokaya, the Berber breakfast by Khadija and Moroccan fish stew by Youssef. Enjoy the best of Morocco’s dishes – often influenced by the fusion of Arab, Berber, Spanish, French and Portuguese cookery – in spectacular settings, from the markets of Marrakech to garden oases and from the desolate wildernesses of the desert to golden Atlantic beaches.
Luxury accommodations have been carefully selected throughout together with a fully guided program of visits to explore the history, architecture and culture of Morocco and its people. Join us for an unforgettable adventure, enjoying delicious healthy cuisine in one of the world’s most beautiful destinations.
Guided excursions and entrances daily including:
- “Anatomy of Moroccan Ingredients” cookery class with Nellie and Rokaya
- Afternoon in Jemaa el-Fnaa to tour spice market with Executive chef Tarik
- Marrakech morning cultural tour to include Koutoubia Minaret and El Bahia Palace
- Marrakech French quarter and Majorelle Gardens
- Trek with Berbers in Atlas Mountains
- Camel ride in Agafay
- Visit to Argan Oil producer
- “Moroccan fish stew” cookery class with Nellie and Youssef
- Visit to Essaouira Medina and Thuya wood workshop
- Oyster farm boat trip and tasting with wine
- Lights of Casablanca city tour
Luxury accommodations have been carefully selected throughout the tour coupled together with a fully guided program of visits to explore the history, architecture and culture of Morocco and its people. Accommodation includes:
- A gorgeous Berber castle, perched on a hill-top in the Atlas Mountains with superb panoramic views, swimming pool and beautiful gardens.
- A luxury desert camp in the Agafay Desert.
- Plus a selection of luxury unique 5 star hotels.
Full service & support:
- Carefully selected meals: 7 breakfast, 6 lunches and 7 dinners (all including beverages and gratuities)
- Fast track at Casablanca on arrival
- Porterage and gratuities at hotels
- Services of fully licenced local guide and driver, Tastes of Morocco Tour host and Culinary expert Nellie Kerrison