and outstanding natural beauty
Meet us in Liguria on a 6-day adventure to discover delicious local cooking while touring its outstanding natural beauty, accompanied by Cherie Mercer Twohy, author of three cookery books and Certified Culinary Professional.
Liguria is the narrow coastal region in the north-west of Italy that gave birth to pesto. It boasts beautiful hidden coves and seaside villages, bounded by steep mountains. On this wide ranging tour discover the organic farms and mountain views of the Val di Vara, the sparkling bay of Portofino and the craggy coast of the remote Cinque Terre – five coastal villages almost entirely cut off by the sea.
Highlights of the trip include two cooking lessons, one on a hilltop farm rolling out pasta dough and cutting it out with a beautiful croxetti stamp, and the other one cooking with a renowned restaurateur overlooking the sea, wine and olive oil tastings, together with the warm welcome of renowned local chefs, restaurateurs and food producers.
Stay in a picturesque castle in Liguria for a wonderful array of experiences, meet its generous people and see the jaw dropping beauty for yourself.
” Tastes of Italy put together a tour with such a wonderful array of experiences for all. Each day was quite a contrast to the one before it. We ate in the homes of people we would never have had the pleasure of meeting.”
If you are looking to arrange a trip away be it for a party of 2 or 200, please call +44 (0)20 8874 3490
- 6 nights’ accommodation in Liguria at a 4-star unique heritage hotel
- 6 breakfasts, 4 tasting lunches with wine and water and 3 gourmet dinners with wine and water
- Excursions included on six days in Liguria with highlights as follows:
- Enjoy the open air food markets in historic Chiavari
- Taste the delicious fresh organic cheeses produced in Varese Ligure
- Join 2 cookery lessons with acclaimed local chefs, one in a spectacular setting overlooking the sea, the other one in an authentic family-owned hilltop farm
- Visit a Ligurian olive oil producer and confectioners in Sestri Levante
- Explore the villages of the Cinque Terre and taste the local Sciacchetra wine
- Savor excellent wines of the region at a renowned mountain restaurant
- Follow in the steps of the stars with a visit to beautiful Portofino for lunch overlooking the port
- Group transfers by coach or train
- All entrance fees tied to the itinerary
- Services of culinary expert
- Tastes of Italy host